The CIA Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme is a need-based scholarship. This scholarship is strictly available to students are have a serious interest in intelligence-gathering-related courses but do not have the economic resources to follow it up. This scholarship is not like most scholarships you see out there, securing this scholarship is like being profiled for a top rank job in the United States.
To secure the CIA undergraduate Scholarship, you have to meet some basic qualification thresholds:
- You must be an American without a dirty background.
- You must be an undergraduate in any tertiary institution of learning studying a degree course in an intelligence-related field.
- Your family’s yearly financial record should not exceed $120,000. If it does, then you are not qualified for the scholarship.
- You must be 18 years of age before applying for this scholarship
- Your academic performance is of great importance. Hence the requirement to have a GPA of 3.0
If you are above 18 years of age the requirements below should concern you:
- You must be languages other than English
- At least have a little working experience most especially in your area of study.
- You must be willing to take risks and be a leader in anywhere or any situation you find yourself.
- And you must submit yourself to the dictates of the CIA.
More Details About The CIA Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
The CIA Undergraduate Scholarship as we earlier stated is strictly for students who are in dire financial straits but have the desire to study an intelligence-related course and to serve the United States. Through the opportunity, this scholarship provides, you will get to learn what it means to be an intelligence officer.
You will have numerous fieldwork experiences, but it may not start during your studies but you will learn as time goes on.
Intelligence-related courses are not just in physical combat, but also, in finance, International Relations, Engineering, Linguistics, and a lot of other courses you may think of.
Also, as a student who is under this scholarship, you will likely learn from the agency when schools are not in session. This option depends on the decision of the agency, but this option has been the best so far. As the agency does not want to interfere with the academics of the students.
However, if you are interested in securing this scholarship, you have to be aware that you will have to make up your mind to work fully with the agency.
This scholarship is to be awarded to 10 worthy students at the cost of $25,000 each.
Visit the agency to no more about CIA Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme.