Smart Scholarship is a scholarship program that was set up by the American government to assist students who are on the STEM platform to pull through their education. This scholarship is not just for students who are Americans, it is also available for students from different countries of the world who wish to study in America. However, in this blog post, we are going to explain in detail all that you need to know about this scholarship.
Things You Should Know About This Scholarship
SMART is an acronym for Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation. What this means is that this is a science-based scholarship with a major focus on mathematics and research. You cannot this scholarship nor the motive behind it. It was set up to encourage young people who have a special interest in science and mathematics to continue with their interest considering the serious reduction in interest by people as regards these areas of study.
However, we must inform you about the funding of the Smart scholarship; this scholarship is heavily funded by the American government through the Department of Defense, though it is a science and research-based scholarship, it still depends heavily on the technical ability of the student researchers to carry it out.
Also, this scholarship is awarded to students across the different degree levels of education starting from Bachelor’s, Masters’s, and Ph.D. stages. So if you are interested in this scholarship you can apply for it.
Courses You Can Study Via Smart Scholarship
You have to know and understand the course you intend to study. Also, get to know if it is on the smart platform. However, written below are 10 of the courses you can study via a scholarship from Smart, have in mind that there could be more:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Ocean and Naval Engineering, and Oceanography
- Cognitive Science
- Information Science
- Nuclear Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
The wonderful things associated with this scholarship are mouth watery, you just cannot quantify them. Is it the financial satisfaction, or the knowledge you will gain from the fieldwork by working alongside people who have over the years experienced what you are just starting on? Whichever way, it is still a win-win for you. Anyway, below are a few benefits of the smart scholarship:
- Immediately after your education, you have a high chance of being employed by the Defense Department.
- Your yearly allowance may range from $24,000- $37,000
- This scholarship is a fully paid tuition scholarship
How You Can Qualify For This Scholarship
There are things you should possess before you can qualify for this scholarship, they are:
- Starting from the month of August you should have gotten to the age of 18
- Your academic score should be at least a 3.0 GPA to attract a look in
- For now, the admission of citizens from different countries is only limited to countries like New Zealand, Australia, the United States, the UK, and Canada
- You must make available your transcript from your previous school (major from America)
The smart scholarship application period runs from August 1 to December 1, 2022. However, visit Smart Scholarship for more information.